Friday, January 13, 2012

PURGE!

Yesterday while we were out and about on Hubby's day off, I bought myself a day planner.  I only have my name and cell number written in it but already I feel  more organized.  Maybe it's the potential for organization that makes me feel that way.

I have a bunch of hats to make but I think I'm going to take some time today to do some organizing around the house.  My place is in desperate need of a purge.  I do it from time to time, usually with my closet but this time around the whole house needs it.

My husband and I may both have pack rat tendencies.  Mine tend more toward craft supplies (I once decided that I was going to start making more things from the tons of stuff I had downstairs but that in part sparked my obsession with hats and now my house is full of more yarn than any sane person would ever have at one time) and my husband has a few small collections of this and that.  After a little while of accumulating things, I start to feel as though the air is thickening and it's almost a little hard to breathe.


On a different note, I decided last night that I want to turn a pair of pants I have into shorts and a vest.  I've never re-purposed clothing before and my machine sewing skills are pretty limited.  I did make my maid of honor's dress for my wedding but I had a pattern and it was pretty straight forward.  For this, I'll have to make my own pattern.  Fingers crossed it works out.  Not a huge deal if it doesn't- I was probably going to donate the pants anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment