Sunday, February 5, 2012

Coming up short.. eep!

So the beautiful yarn I ordered from The Wooly Rhinoceros came in a little over a week ago.  I should have taken pictures of the yarn before I started working on my shawl but I was so excited to cast on that I completely forgot about it.  The yarn is BEAUTIFUL.  I want to eat it.  Seriously.  The colours are so vivid and the way they fade in and out of each other is amazing.  I'm so happy with it.

The ONLY issue I've had?  I didn't order enough.  The lady at The Wooly Rhinoceros put a ball aside for me in case I needed it but I was fairly certain I would be ok.  GAH!  I guess I should have known better.  This being a time sensitive project (my cousin isn't doing very well from what her sister relayed to me the day after I got the yarn in the mail) I should have had the foresight to just order the extra ball.  I have my fingers crossed that I get it to her soon, or even better that she beats this and is able to wear her shawl for years and years to come.

Since I don't have the shawl finished, I won't post a photo of the whole thing but here is a nice close-up of the detail:


Because it's not finished I haven't blocked it yet but it is SO pretty.  A great first attempt at lace knitting AND I've been wanting to make a shawl for a while now but was afraid to (it being a larger project and I tend to have a touch of ADD when I'm knitting/crocheting- not to mention the fact that I need things I can easily put down so I can keep after my little one and make sure she doesn't get into too much trouble).

I'll make sure I post pictures once it's finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment